When was the last time you made a deposit in your physical health account? Ron Henderson, The Fitness King, covers the basics of health economics with our host, Bob Willbanks, in this episode on The Thrive! Podcast.
Before starting a new health training program or diet, Ron recommends starting with the basics:
- Visit your doctor for a health physical. This allows you to be aware of any physical limitations you may have before you invest time, energy, and money in bettering your physical health.
- Weight train three days per week.
- Work with an experience training. Working with a knowledgeable trainer is key to gaining the most benefit from your training and helps you avoid injuries.
- Understand the basics of a healthy diet and use common sense with your eating.
- Create accountability for yourself in creative ways.
“I encourage people to exercise because we can be mentally and spiritually fit, but physically bankrupt.” – Ron Henderson, The Fitness King
Ron applies sound financial principles to physical fitness in his training and books. He teaches the importance of investing in your health so that when a health crisis hits, your body is able to handle it well. If you aren’t investing in your physical, mental, and spiritual health, a crisis will reveal that. You want to have a strong support system.
Through his work at The Fitness King, Ron equips people to be the best they can be in all areas of life. He focuses on the following principles in his own life, and in the lives of the people he trains:
- People do judge others by their appearance. Whether you like it or not, others assess your abilities in some measure by your physical appearance.
- Have a positive attitude in everything.
- Catch and release. When things happen to you that you don’t like, recognize the situation for what it is and then let it go.
- Care more about your customer than you do about yourself.
About Ron Henderson
Ron Henderson,is changing lives through his work as a personal trainer, motivational speaker, and author. His books cover topics such as the value of becoming physically fit, exercise, and children’s books about workouts and snacks.
Ron hosts live talks on YouTube and television about about fitness economics and motivation. Through his various channels of work, Ron seeks to be a blessing to others and to give exposure to other people and businesses through advertisements and features on his shows.
Learn more about The Fitness King and connect with Ron via his website!
About The Thrive! Podcast
Join host Bob Willbanks, president of Ambassadors for Business, as he shares lessons from his faith journey, life experiences, and career. Maximize your influence by learning how to integrate faith into your work as Bob interviews guests that model the Christian Worldview. The Thrive! Podcast is a resource of Ambassadors for Business.