Engage: Strengthen Your Relationship with God
The first letter of the EQUIPPING acronym stands for engage: strengthening your relationship with God by engaging with Him on a regular basis.
To engage in your relationship with God, there are three important aspects to focus on. Bob Willbanks, president of Ambassadors for Business calls them the legs of a three-legged stool. All of them need to be present to create a sturdy foundation in your spiritual life.
Focus #1 – Personal Study and Prayer
Start (or continue) building a solid foundation in your spiritual life by prioritizing personal Bible study and prayer time. This allows you to consistently study and apply the absolute truth of God’s Word and evaluate your decisions against this truth. Through prayer you are able to communicate with God about all aspects of your life and work.
Are you ready to be more engaged in your relationship with God through Bible study and prayer? Try the following tips:
- Set aside time once or twice per day to read Scripture; use a printed copy of the Bible or download a Bible App
- Pray intentionally; pray about meetings, projects, and relationships with the people you encounter each day
Focus #2 – Connect with a Small Group
Consistent fellowship with a small group of Christians is the second aspect of building a strong foundation in your spiritual life. A small group provides a great environment for relationship building with believer’s of like-mind and spirit. As you form meaningful relationships, you will be able to hold each other accountable to deepening your faith and living according to absolute truth. Small groups also allow for deeper study of God’s Word as you share and receive insight with each other.
Do you want to engage with a small group of Christians in your area? Check out these ministries for Christian business professionals in the Twin Cities metro:
- Working Women of Faith equips women to win and work and soar in faith
- Christian Business Men’s Connection (CBMC) Northland mobilizes business and professional men to take the Gospel to the marketplace
- Thrive Leadership with Purpose events offer leadership training and fellowship opportunities
Focus #3 – Be Involved with a Local Church
Connection with a local body of Christian believers also strengthens the foundation of your spiritual life. Attending church each week gives you the ability to receive Biblical teaching from a trained pastor and the opportunity to worship with your Christian family. The local church also allows for service opportunities and fosters more relationship building among followers of Christ.
Are you connected to a local church? If not, keep these things in mind while finding your church home:
- Evaluate the preaching and worship against God’s Word to find a place where the absolute truth of the Gospel message is being taught
- Seek out intentional ways to serve in the local church
Engage In Your Relationship with God This Week
Reflect on this verse as you strive to deepen your engagement with God through study and prayer, connection with a small group, and involvement in your local church.
“Instead, speaking the truth in love, we will grow to become in every respect the mature body of him who is the head, that is, Christ.” – Ephesians 4:15